At least ten children have been killed and almost thirty injured in north-western Yemen, Doctors Without Borders said after a reported airstrike on a religious school.
Doctors Without Borders (MSF) said on Twitter that at least ten school children have been left dead and 28 injured in Yemen’s Saada province.
Al-Alam News Network and Iran’s Tasnim news agency said some 50 school children were killed.
A video obtained by Ruptly shows numerous children with head, arm and leg wounds being carried away on stretchers with blood covered faces and bodies.
The video also provides still pictures of the bodies of children presumably killed, some with dismembered limbs and covered with dust.
RT Arabic reports citing local sources that the strike happened at 8 am local time as children were taking their exams.
WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC VIDEO, ANOTHER VIDEO AND IMAGES
There has been no official confirmation that the video portrays the exact aftermath of the alleged air strike on Saturday so far, however.
Since last March, Yemen has been the target of an air campaign launched by a Saudi Arabian-led coalition being carried out at request of President Mansur Hadi's government, who is waging a civil war against a rebel Houthi movement, which recognizes Abdullah Saleh, who was ousted earlier, as Yemen’s legitimate president.
Read More (...)