His defense team filed a motion to set aside the verdict, after the actor was found guilty of reckless assault in the third degree and harassment in the second degree.
Jonathan Majors‘ sentencing date has been delayed until April 8 after his defense team filed a motion to set aside the verdict.
The Creed III actor was convicted in December of reckless assault in the third degree, a misdemeanor, and harassment in the second degree, which is a violation. The charges carry a potential sentence of up to one year in prison. The sentencing was initially set to take place Tuesday. Majors appeared virtually for the hearing, in which prosecutors said they needed time to respond to the motion, which was filed Monday.
The charges stem from an incident on March 25 between Majors and his ex-partner Grace Jabbari. Jabbari testified that while the two were riding in a car, she saw a text on his phone suggesting he was cheating on her and grabbed it from him. She said the actor then injured her, including prying her finger from the phone and striking her head as he tried to take the phone away from her and later threw her back into the car.
Initially, legal experts said Majors was unlikely to face prison time, given his lack of prior criminal history. However, Majors gave an interview on Good Morning America in January, in which he denied wrongdoing, that legal experts say could impact his sentence.
Shortly after the arrest, Marvel Studios dropped Majors. He has since been dropped from the Dennis Rodman movie 48 Hours in Vegas and his previously shot film, Magazine Dreams, is back on the market.